You must go to Unified UAN portal or UAN login unified portal for Universal Account Number status check. Here, EPFO UAN status activation will happen only when you submit PF number, mobile number and ID proof. ID proof includes PAN Card or Passport etc.
Next upload address proof, IFSC details, Account number and Account holder’s name. You will have to enter your date of birth as well. After entering details, click on UAN status. You will receive UAN activation/registration message on your mobile phone. Finally, you will get UAN number in one week.
How to register at EPFO login portal
- Firstly, select ID proof document (Aadhaar card, Passport, Driving License or PAN card)
- Next enter ID proof’s document number
- Enter your mobile number
- Later, submit PF account number
- On getting OTP, enter it in the field
- After this set username and password for the EPFO member portal login
Steps to activate UAN number or UAN number registration
- You may register for activation of UAN number only when UAN number is distributed to your PF number
- Enter UAN, mobile number and member ID
- Get PIN or OTP and submit it
- Authorities verify UAN
- Here user name is UAN
- Next create password
- Once you finish above steps, you will be registered at UAN portal
UAN activation by SMS or mobile app
Now you may activate UAN number with EPFO mobile app. This service will save your time as well. Moreover, this service is applicable to UAN member only. As these members can get portal services of UAN on UAN mobile app.
In addition, now link multiple PF accounts with one UAN number. To do so, send an SMS to UAN helpline.
UAN member portal services for the employees
There are many services for employees and employers at UAN portal page. However, remember that you can check PF balance or have UAN passbook downloaded at UAN portal. Even PF status will be available at EPFO portal page only. But to download UAN passbook, you must use UAN 2.0 version portal.
This UAN 2.0 version portal is the new unified UAN portal. You can also make use of other uan services such as uan passbook, change of date of birth, update address, epf withdrawal, pf transfer or epfo claim status here. It is also good idea to go online and check above stated things.
Customer care details of the UAN helpdesk login
- UAN helpdesk toll-free number à 18001-18005
- UAN helpdesk login à http://220.127.116.11:9094/UANhelpdesk/
- UAN helpdesk email ID à email@example.com
Steps to withdraw EPF amount online with UAN online
As we stated earlier, you can link multiple EPF accounts with UAN. To do so, you must send SMS to the following number. Furthermore, remember that you send SMS from registered mobile only.
SMS format for linking multiple PF accounts to UAN is
EPFOHO ACT, 12 digits UAN number,22 digits PF Member ID
Send the above message to 7738299899
(In the above message, EPFOHO means EPFO Head Office.)
Steps to transfer EPF amount at UAN login portal
We can first file PF transfer request online. To do so, go to EPFO login member portal. When your Aadhaar card is not verified, you must submit hard copy of documents to employer. It is only then that process of digital signature begins. It would take about 2 to 4 weeks to settle PF claim transfer request.
Moreover, with UAN number, employer settles claim online at the OTCP portal. OTCP is the short form for Online Transfer Claim Portal. After you update Aadhaar number at EPFO website, there will be no involvement of the employer.
Plus, no one can misuse PF funds. There are several other advantages of Aadhaar seeding to your PF account.
Benefits of UAN number to employees
- You will be able to transfer PF account balance to other EPF account
- Linking different PF accounts with one UAN is easy
- You can also close PF account if there is no withdrawing of amount
- Withdraw PF balance when you updated Aadhaar with UAN number
- You do not have to submit documents at EPFO offices
- Submission of documents is possible at UAN login new portal
- Get PF balance, PF status, PF amount credit SMS alerts on your registered mobile number
- For PF alerts, update mobile number at UAN login unified portal or UAN login new portal