The Employee Provident Fund organization (EPF) has been taking many initiatives for the benefits of its 5 crore subscribers. Usually, both the employer and employee donate 12 percent of basic salary towards EPF member passbook.
Through EPF Passbook, you can balance and accumulate details online. Now EPF subscribers can download the EPF member Passbook using UAN. This service allows EPF subscribers to download and save their EPF member portal passbook and check the entries made over a duration of time.
The subscribers need to be registered on the Unified Member portal to download the e-passbook. If you are not a registered subscriber, visit the official website of EPF portal and get registered
Step by Step process to download your EPF Passbook online:
Go to the http://epfindia.gov.in/
Go to “our service” tab and click on “For employees.”
Click on “member passbook” link under “service” section
Enter your user ID, password, and captcha to view /download your EPF passbook
After successful login, you can see the member ID button to the left side, click on the ID to view/download your UAN passbook on the right-hand side
complete details will be displayed on the screen as shown
Points to Remember
- This feature is only for the members registered on the Unified Member Portal to view the Member Passbook.
- EPF passbook will have all the records which have been arranged at the EPFO field workplaces
- EPF passbook download facility is not accessible for the Exempted Establishments Members / Settled Members / Inoperative Members
- EPF passbook will be accessible after 6 Hours of enrolment at Unified Member Portal
- Any changes in the username and password at Unified Member Portal will be successful at this new portal after 6 Hours.
EPF Passbook Download through EPFO Mobile App – UMANG app
EPFO mobile app is an m-governance initiative, EPFO members can activate their respective UAN passbook. This app works well once after UAN passbook download. Moreover, EPF pensioners also can download this UAN passbook app to check their pension status.
Benefits through UAN Mobile App
- You can check the monthly provident fund balance
- Download EPF passbook
- You can check EPF pension disbursement status and amount
- You can activate UAN accounts from your Smartphone
Process to Download EPF UMANG mobile app – EPF Passbook
- Download and install the UMANG app.This app is available for windows, android, and ios platform
- Choose the preferred language and verify the mobile number through the OTP and it also asks permission for call and SMS
- You can find many government services on UMANG platform; search ‘EPFO’ from the search box.
- Here in this section, you would see the column to view the passbook, Tab of the blue ribbon and enter the UAN of the require EPF account
- After entering the UAN, you will get OTP to the registered mobile number. After OTP authentication, you can see EPF account details.
- You can check EPF balance status check and download EPF passbook very easily.
If you have any quires regarding EPF passbook, you can get contact helpdesk 18001-18005 (toll-free) between 9.15 AM to 5.45 PM